Friday, June 8, 2012

My Supports

I am a stay at home mom. My husband supports me financially because I have no income and physically because he shows me how to exercise properly. He also supports me emotionally because he keeps a smile on my face (I'm not stressed) and spiritually as well because he we praise and worship together. My husband supports me intellectually because he encourages me to do my school work and we also engage in meaningful and mentally stimulating conversations or activities.
Kiddy Karrousel child care center supports me by caring for my son so that I may be able to do school work, household duties, or run errands. The center also supports me because they promote healthy habits and help him grow and develop properly.
My mom is also a supporting factor because she offers an ear to talk, advice when solicited, encouragement and she helps me when I need it.
These three supporting factors are beneficial because they allow me to go through my days smoothly. My husband makes life easier, Kiddy Karrousel keep life from getting overwhelming, and my mother is there for whatever whenever.
Without my husband, Kiddy Karrousel, and my mother I would be unstable, unemployed, and not a very good mother.
If these three factors were gone I would be a single mother, struggling to make ends meet and to complete my education with no help from others.

I believe I have all the support I want and need. Without them it would challenging to find a job and a place for me and my son to live. My biggest challenge would most likely be providing my son safety and a healthy diet. Love, care, intellect, belonging, and finances are all the support I need and each of these factors provide me with at least or some of the things that make life comfortable for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shikisha,

    One of my best friends is also a stay at home mother with 4 year old twins and 3 year old. I often think about her supports and what would happen if her and her husband were to get divorced, just because he is the sole provider for her and the children. He is a wonderful husband and father but ,I am a believer to always be prepared for the worse. You and I do not know each other but ,I think you should give yourself more credit than unstable. What I have learned from watching my friend of 19 years is that mothers are fighters. Mothers protect and provide by any means necessary. I admire mothers for that courage and fight that is unlike any other, and I admire you for being so open and honest in your post.

    Talibah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly blessed to have such a supportive husband and family. It makes it so much easier to follow your dreams when you know you have someone who is in your corner no matter what.

    ReplyDelete