Saturday, May 12, 2012

Relationship Reflection

Relationships are important to me because I need social interaction to be healthy. I need others to help me grow and develop as a person. because I am a new wife and mother there are times where I get confused, frustrated, or just plain stomped and I need a little help so that's where my relationships come in at. Having relationships are also important be they give me a since of belonging, being needed, and being cared for or just plain loved. By having multiple good relationships with different people is a great way to keep life interesting and meaningful.


A few relationships I have with others are Je'Kel (husband), Ruby (Mama), Hannah (Soror), and Veneasha (Sister).

Je'Kel is encouraging, loving, helpful, supportive, and motivating. We keep our relationship thriving through communication, time together, and religion these three simple things make us work. Mama is proud, motivating, straight forward and helpful. We keep our relationship fresh by talking often and by me being totally honest when I need her help with nothing left out. Hannah is helpful, supportive, and very honest. She makes me see all the things I already knew were there so our relationship works by being open and being able to listen as well as advise. Neasha is so straight forward and very knowledgeable about seemingly everything. For our relationship to function we must and I mean must have a clear understanding of what is going on; problem and solution.

I feel the biggest challenges to developing and maintaining relationships is listening and speaking up. Often times relationships are ruined because someone isn't listening or someone isn't verbalizing. the key to any relationship is communication. Every working part of a relationship must listen when fitting and speak when appropriate. Each member of the relationship must know and understand what's going on at all times.

My relationship with Je'Kel is defiantly a partnership we make all important decisions together. Our moral, values, and religion are all aligned. Each of us look to one another for support and encouragement. Together we make a great team.

My experiences with relationships may impact my work as an effective early childhood professional because I've learned to value and respect each member of the relationship's opinion. I know how to be open to others' ideas and I understand that every person is unique. I understand to have a good partnership or relationship that communication and respect is a must.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Shikisha,

    congratulation with your new journey as a new wife and mom, I am happy for you. I am sure you could make it and take it all the obstacles from the bright side. All relationship with everyone have of course advantage and disadvantage. If we could balance and stay calm, any kind of relationship would help us to be a better person.

    I really enjoy your blog anyway.
    My blog is :
    diahputripramiandari.wordpress.com

    Happy blogging.

    -putri-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog. I see that a theme throughout all of your relationships is communication. I agree communication is key to each relationship whether its a marriage or a friendship. Two people have to be able to freely and openly express their ideas with one another without free of judgement. I have a good relationship with my mom. I express how I am feeling with her and for a while I could not, but now that we have that open communication relationship; I am able to do so. I hope your journey as a new wife and mom is postive and great!!! best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that one of my line sisters is awfully honest with me as well and although it took a while to appreciate, I can honestly say it has helped. She was my back so we became extremely close. Although I did not mention it in my blog, the relationships created with your sorority sisters is unlike any other. The level of expectation is different; it is combining a girl friend and business partner in one. Congratulations on your new journey as mother and wife!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have great relationship with family members which is very importan. I agree with you honesty is the key and that is what i remind my co-workers in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relationships are very important. They help to shape us into the people we are today and more importantly, they help to encourage us to be the best person we can be throughout our lives. After reading your post, I feel like I have learned a little about your life. It's amazing to realize that, although different, some of the same people influence each of us whether its family, friends, religion, or pets.

    ReplyDelete